Remapping the Body for Athletic Performance
November 2nd-3rd, 2019 – Portland, ME
Presented by: Timothy Maggs, DC
Co-sponsored by: Erchonia Corporation & Northwestern Health Sciences University
~12 CEs Applied~
About The Seminar
During this innovative two-day course, one of the most renown sports medicine Doctors of Chiropractic will feature his proven, successful techniques and modalities he has garnered nearing half a century of experience in his busy, full-time practice in Schenectady, NY. These include, but are not to limited to, Biomechanical Exams & X-Rays, low level laser therapy (3LT®), Custom Orthotics & Digital Scanning, MRI Scans, Patient Rehab, and The Maggs Muscle Management™ Program. Expert, Dr. Timothy Maggs, will deliver demos and treatment models in this action-packed 12-hour seminar that end with a grand finale of The Maggs Muscle Management™ Program all done in an easy to assimilate setting, so you can incorporate this into your office on Monday Morning. The goal is to get every patient to operate at their optimal level.
About Timothy Maggs, DC
Dr. Tim Maggs has practiced for over 40 years and still continues full time. He specializes in sports biomechanics. Dr. Maggs is the developer of one of the leading sports biomechanics program in the country today, The Structural Management® Program. Dr. Maggs has worked 4 years in the New York Giants strength and conditioning department, consulted with the strength department of the Chicago Bulls and has authored hundreds of articles on sports biomechanics.
The past 15 years, Dr. Maggs has directed his energies to the care of the middle and high school athlete. His Concerned Parents of Young Athletes™ Program was designed to raise the awareness of sports biomechanics in the adolescent athletic population. Dr. Maggs now serves as the Director of Sports Injuries and Biomechanics at Christian Brothers Academy in Albany, New York. His goal is to create the model program at CBA as a guide for all other middle and high schools to follow.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to take your practice to a whole new level!
- Introduction – Discussion of current models and systems used to educate, diagnose and treat the musculoskeletal systems of athletes at all levels.
- A Biomechanical Model — The model of choice to provide to all athletes. The current sports medicine system vs. new model that addresses the biomechanical model.
- The Atlas Operating System – This is a system for optimal approach with patients from a psychological and clinical perspective and gives a step-by-step approach for practitioners to follow to achieve maximum clinical outcomes.
- Caring for the Acute Injury – We will review the physiology of the acute injury, what causes it, how to prevent it and how to effectively treat it, both short term and long term.
- The Structural Fingerprint® Exam – A detailed, hands-on, explanation of this biomechanical exam, with discussion of each test, the relevance, interpretation and recommendations needed.
- Custom Orthotics and Digital Scanning – A detailed overview as to the role custom orthotics play in addressing biomechanical imbalances and weaknesses, and the value of using digital scanning instead of casting kits.
- Imaging, the Future of Musculoskeletal – As chiropractors, we are the only profession trained to take and read the biomechanics on x-ray while also being able to order MRIs. This imaging is truly the future of musculoskeletal care.
- Report of Findings – We will review the appropriate tests that should be performed for both the acute and non-acute patient, how to interpret them, how to correlate information from all tests and how to effectively communicate this information for patient education.
- Diagnosing and Managing Disc Injuries – Once there is clear understanding of normal and abnormal biomechanics, tests are needed to identify the disc injuries and apply the gold standard treatments used and for the patient to achieve the highest level of success.
- The Maggs Muscle Management™ Program – Many injuries have some degree of muscular involvement. This section will talk about the physiology involved and how to prevent and treat these chronic injuries.
November 2nd-3rd, 2019
Registration at 7:30am
AC Hotel by Marriott Portland Downtown/Waterfront, ME
158 Fore St.
Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 747-1640
Seminar Cost: $49*
States Applied for: ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA
*Northwestern Health Sciences University (NWHSU) applies for CE Hours to the chiropractic state licensing boards in states surrounding the seminar location. If you need hours for other states, please contact NWHSU before the seminar at 952-885-5446. Certain restrictions apply. *$75 extra for CEs (if needed). Transcripts are sent out by email approximately 2 months after seminar completion. If you need a copy sooner, please contact NWHSU directly at (952) 885-5446.
Click here for the Portland Brochure.
*This seminar qualifies for Erchonia customers for their FREE ERCHONIA SEMINAR with laser purchase.
To view the complete syllabus, click here.
Every attempt is made to offer these seminars as publicized, however Erchonia Seminars reserves the right to adjust seminar locations, dates, time, speakers, content, etc., due to circumstances beyond control. No audio or video or tape recorders are allowed, and no portion of the seminar may be reproduced in any manner without expressed consent. Preregistration is required. Erchonia Seminars cannot be held responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants if a program must be altered or canceled. Seminar fee is non-refundable. If unable to attend, seminar fee will be transferred to another seminar. ©2014-2019 Erchonia Corporation. All rights reserved.