For Busy Providers
Presented by: Scott Tauber, DC, DABCO, CPC
June 13th, 2020 – ONLINE
~6 Online CEs Applied~
Offering CE Hours for DC, OT, PT, ND & LAC*
About The Seminar
The course will focus on the basics of Personal Injury documentation, treatment and case management procedures, practices and principles. For physicians who’ve considered adding PI as a specialty or for those looking to learn crucial skills from a med-legal expert with over 20 years of experience, you will be enlightened as the PI opportunities for improved clinical decision making and case management relate directly to your clinic. Dr. Tauber’s instructional emphasis will be placed on applicable and implementable concepts and materials. Providers will increase their awareness regarding risk and liability, update current PI knowledge, improve clinical understanding and skills and when added modalities such as non-thermal laser therapy provide added benefit. Dr. Tauber will lay out clear & succinct action plans to master PI case management for both practice & patient.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to take your practice to the next level!
About Scott Tauber, DC, DABCO, CPC
Scott Tauber, D.C., D.A.B.C.O., C.P.C. is the COO of the American Institute of Personal Injury Physicians. He is a 1984 graduate of Life Chiropractic College and is both a Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics (DABCO) and a Certified Professional Coder (CPC). In addition to over 20 years of clinical practice, Dr. Tauber has served as a med-legal expert witness and has been an independent consultant for automobile insurance carriers and state regulatory agencies. He is a frequent guest speaker at professional and med-legal conferences, state association events and professional schools and has been published in state and national journals.
June 13th, 2020
Registration at 9:30am
Your Home or Office
Seminar Cost: $114*
6 Online CEs Applied through www.OnlineCE.com.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PURCHASE AN EVENT
1. Go to www.OnlineCE.com.
2. If already have an account, login. If not, select register in the left blue navigation bar.
2. Once logged in, click on the Teleseminar link in the left blue navigation bar
3. Select the Webinars you want to purchase and submit them to your shopping cart
4. Check out
NOTE: There is a link in the listing for an instruction sheet for taking the event. Please print a copy as it is a step by step pictorial with important instructions.
*CE state approvals based on online state CE requirements. Click here to reference if your licensing state recognizes online CEs and how many.
Traumatic Injuries, Personal Injury Risk and the Med-Legal Arena
- Personal Injury and the med-legal environment
- How PI patient care, management and documentation are different
- Inherent provider risk and liability in Personal Injury cases
- Current issues and considerations in the med-legal arena
- Anticipating automobile insurance carrier scrutiny and issues
Initial Personal Injury History
- Key elements of the initial Personal Injury patient history
- Necessary PI history documentation components
- How to address common “outside your scope” injuries
- How to identify clinical “red flags” within the history
- Common med-legal issues associated with the initial history
Personal Injury Physical Examination
- Key elements of the initial Personal Injury patient examination
- Physical examination procedures to identify acute traumatic injuries
- Proper physical examination documentation
- How to support care and treatment with objective documentation
- How to identify commonly over-looked injuries and conditions
Low Level Laser Therapy and Personal Injury
- Recovery time and uses of passive and active modalities
- Introduction to the use of LLLT for traumatic injuries
- How to identify injuries and conditions for LLLT treatment
- Support and documentation of LLLT in the med-legal arena
- Application of LLLT treatment procedures and protocols
Imaging, Testing and Humanizing Personal Injury Cases
- The importance of diagnostic imaging in trauma cases
- Appropriate diagnostic testing to support care and management
- How to avoid missing common traumatic injuries using technology
- The importance of humanizing acute traumatic injuries
- Additional tools and methods available to humanize patient injuries
Personal Injury Case Management
- Personal Injury case management basics
- Current case management issues within the med-legal arena
- Co-management and integrative care considerations
- Overview of co-management options and clinical decision making
- How to work with medical specialists on PI cases for improved outcomes