CESAR LARA, MD
Cesar A. Lara, MD Weight Mgmt.
2323 Curlew Rd., Ste. A
Dunedin, FL 34698
Phone: (727) 446-3021
As a physician, business and private practice owner since 1991, community-centered leader and educator, I have dedicated my life to improving the wellbeing of others. With more than 35 years as a family practice physician, I have treated thousands of patients from every disease imaginable, helped families and the elderly cope with difficult and complex illnesses, and held the hands of those at death’s door. If I could find a way to ease their suffering, that was my greatest goal.
Over the course of these years, as I, science and consciousness evolved, I knew there had to be a more effective way to treat and cure patients of disease. In particular the chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity that I saw daily in my years of practice. Then in 2005 I decided to focus on weight management and began a program that I felt would have a direct impact on treating these chronic illnesses. And began a journey of discovery that opened my eyes to the healing benefits that were now possible, allowing my patients to remove the pharmaceuticals they were taking daily to manage their conditions. The positive results continued to present themselves time and time again which now led me to delve even further into the causes of obesity and disease as an aspect of one’s belief systems and the imbalance of the energetic systems in and around the body. So committed to the absolute cure of my patients, I decided to became certified in Shamanic energy medicine to ensure I wasn’t missing a single aspect of the root cause of their disease.
Today, my practice continues to thrive and facilitate the healing of thousands of patients as I have fused the latest evidence based medicine with ancient healing traditions to enable them to take control of their health and essentially cure themselves through my whole being approach to weight loss and age management. As a trained and experienced diagnostician I see my role as a guide helping navigate the myriad of treatment options to one that is aligned with the highest potential for a balanced, happy and healthy life experience for all.
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Medical Doctor Degree
- Congressional Health Fellow for the office of Paul Simon, U.S. Senator of Illinois
- Family Practice Residency, Hinsdale, Illinois
- Loyola University of Chicago, Bachelor of Science
- Fellow and Board Certified in Obesity Medicine, Obesity Medical Association
- Advanced Certification in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Worldlink Medical
- Board Certified and Diplomate in Family Practice, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Certification in Shamanic Energy Medicine, Four Winds Society, Light Body School
- Certification in Dying Consciously—The Greatest Journey, The Four Winds Society
- Theta Healing Certified Practitioner, Theta Healing Institute of Knowledge
- Contributing Writer for Panache Vue Magazine, Tampa Parenting Magazine and community newsletters
- Bay News 9 Bilingual Health expert
- WTSP-TV Studio 10
- WFLA-TV Daytime
- Good Life Tampa Bay TV
- American Medicine Today
- TV and radio appearances as the medical expert to speak about a wide variety of health topics in particular weight and age management.
- Speaker for community organizations such as Working Women of Tampa Bay, Largo City Commission Children’s Health Initiative, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Tampa Bay Medical Expert, Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Weight Management Specialist for officers and their support staff.
- Educator to professional medical organizations such as Morton Plant Hospital, Pinellas County Medical Society and Keller Williams.
- Hands Across the Bay, Board of Directors
- Ruth Eckerd Hall, Board of Directors
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay, Board of Directors
- Foods of Life, Board of Directors
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Board of Directors
- Founder of the Weight-Away Tampa Bay Scholarship Fund for those with chronic illnesses and in need of weight management services but without the means to have it on their own.
- Founder of St. Michael’s Free Clinic treating patients that cannot afford medical care.
Awards & Achievements
- Tampa Bay Magazine’s “César A. Lara M.D., Best Health Program” 10 years consecutive.
- Largo City Commission honoree for his contributions to health awareness.
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Tampa Bay Extraordinary Contributor Award
- President and CEO, César A. Lara, M, D. Weight Management
- Owner and Executive Director, Awakening Nutraceuticals
- Marathon runner
- Ancient healing sounds